Where GPS is compromised or denied — whether underwater or underground, beneath a bridge or inside a building — PNI's sensors and modules use the Earth's magnetic field and gravity to navigate and determine orientation, enabling heading accuracy for robotic navigation, dead reckoning, and targeting.
PNI sensor modules are ideal for high-performance robots, providing high-resolution compass heading in any orientation, as well as accurate pitch and roll, temperature, and raw magnetometer and accelerometer sensor readings. These sensor outputs allow robots to collect precise data and navigate in environments where human beings can't go.
UAVs and Drones
- Surveillance and security drones
- Robotic spy-planes/gliders
- First responders
- Autonomous search and rescue
- Border sentry
- Tilt sensing for rollover avoidance (stabilization)
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD)
- Offshore rig service
- Mine detection and disarmament
- Climate mapping
- Oceanic research
- Stabilization/attitude control