Dismounted Soldier Tracking
Precision location and position tracking in GPS-denied environments
PNI’s new Dismounted Soldier Tracking (DST) module accurately monitors a soldier’s location even when GPS is compromised or denied. DST is an inertial tracking module that provides precise step-by-step tracking for soldiers, both indoors and outdoors. DST provides precise position in any location.
PNI has spent seven years of internal research and development perfecting the highest-accuracy, lowest-power sensor fusion algorithms for wearables and smartphones. DST is the result of this combined expertise. DST location technology stays accurate over time and through a wide range of conditions, so its data can be trusted to deliver precise results in mission-critical scenarios.
Key Features & Benefits
- DST provides tracking to 1% accuracy over distance traveled over 1/2 hour with no GPS.
- Unmatched direction of motion – DST direction of motion tracking algorithm is a dead reckoning algorithm that tracks a soldier independent of the soldier’s body pose or dynamic movement in any direction (forward, backward, sideways).
- Self-contained – No additional infrastructure required and optimized for low size, weight, power, and cost (SWaP-C).
- Integrates with GPS for path alignment and step scaling and tracks a soldier’s position even when GPS is not available.
- DST technology is customizable to mission specifications, made in the U.S.A. and ITAR-free.
|Communication||Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to iOS or Android device
Supports Android Team Awareness Kit (ATAK)
|Accuracy||1% accuracy over distance traveled over 1/2 hour with no GPS|
|Integrated Sensors||Magnetometer, accelerometer, gyroscope, temperature|
|Battery||Rechargeable; 4 hours continuous operation|
|Width: 33 mm
Depth: 14 mm
Length: 50 mm
|Installation Position||Body worn|
|Evaluation Kit |
|Dismounted Soldier Tracking module
Wireless charging unit
DOM DST smartphone application