The TRAX attitude and heading reference system (AHRS) provides unparalleled heading and accuracy when static, while moving and when encountering magnetic distortion. TRAX employs a patented Kalman algorithm that intelligently fuses PNI’s patented reference magnetic sensors with gyros and accelerometers to overcome errors due to erratic motion and changes in the local magnetic field.
- High accuracy
- Magnetic distortion compensation
- Multiple field calibration options
- Low power consumption
The new TRAX2 AHRS & digital compass module incorporates PNI’s military-grade magnetic sensors with proven sensor fusion and digital compass algorithms to provide accurate direction and orientation in demanding conditions.
TRAX2 is the only orientation module that provides two different modes: AHRS or digital compass. This dual-mode capability supports a wide range of applications including drones, robotics, manned and unmanned vehicles, and ocean buoys, among others.
TRAX2 combines PNI’s high sensitivity magneto-inductive sensors with a high stability 3-axis MEMS accelerometer to provide accurate heading information under a wide variety of conditions and the ability to overcome errors caused by changes in the local magnetic field. This provides no drift, high accuracy heading, pitch and roll and long-term static accuracy.
- AHRS mode incorporates PNI’s 15 state Kalman filter with user-adjustable knobs to optimize the algorithms for specific applications and conditions
- Gyro-stabilized compass for improved dynamic accuracy provides sub-0.5 degrees of heading accuracy
- Low latency and no overshoot for quick target acquisition
- Multiple calibration methods ensure accuracy in a wide in a wide range of industrial, scientific, marine and military applications
For full product specifications, download the TRAX2 product sheet: PNI Sensor TRAX2 Product Sheet